I took this photo a few days ago in my garden. I’m quite taken with the way the blurred cornflowers in the background enhance the photo. I had a go at focus stacking in Photoshop (and failed). This is the process where you take a series of photos focussing on different parts of the subject. The images are then manipulted in Photoshop so that all the images are merged together producing all the subject in focus. I was using a macro lens and a wide aperture to keep the nearby background out of focus. Only a small part of the flower was in focus so I took a series of photos focussing on different parts of the flower from front to back, 7 in all. Unfortunately the photo stacking produced some wierd effects with the stem. I think the slight breeze when taking the photos may have caused the stem to move between takes and been too much for Photoshop to auto align. Anyways, I have plumped for this shot and I’m pretty pleased with it.